This was one of the last few moments of Jesus before he ascended into heaven to sit at the right hand throne of God the Father. Before he departs, Jesus leaves his disciples with a command. It is a command to go to the ends of the earth, proclaiming that the good news of salvation is found in grace alone through faith alone through Christ alone. God desires that his lost children would be found in the comfort of his eternal presence and unfailing love and he leaves that charge with the church. Certainly it is not within our strength or solely our responsibility to carry this mission but by the gift and power of the Holy Spirit who would be our great Helper and Comforter (Jn. 14:16). God is with us always to the end of the age and nothing can separate the love of Christ as we go confidently and boldly in his name to the harvest.
- Committed and maturing follower of Jesus
- Active member of All Stars
- Willing to learn and submit to the Bible as God's word
- Has character and integrity; a credible reputation of faith
- Eager to grow as a team player
These expectations will be followed strictly. Missions is a very serious task physically, mentally, and spiritually and we expect that those who are applying display a committed and devoted attitude.
- Consistent attendance for Sunday services and small group.
- Consistent attendance of weekly missions training meetings (days and time TBD), Saturday morning prayers, and intensive week (a week before the actual dates).
- Must submit all devotions and work at due date.
- Must be consistent in Bible reading and other reading materials.
- Obedience to all authority figures.
- No complaining, arguing, fighting, gossiping, flirting, etc. Anything that disrupts the team unity during the training process will have to forfeit his or her spot.
Please submit the following forms by March 13 (late submissions will not be accepted). Feel free to submit it all at once or one at a time:
- Report card for the academic year (you can either scan it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or give a hard copy to Pastor Sam).
- Recommendation from small group teacher (click here)
- Application Form
Available spots for this missions trip is very limited. We will take each application seriously and we will choose those who display strong Christian maturity based on the applicants' response and small group teacher's recommendation. If you are not selected for the team, please do not be discouraged. There will be many opportunities to serve God in the future! It is important first to have a strong relationship with Him before going on a missions trip. Unlike a retreat, missions is a place for us to serve and give. The leaders also have the right to place applicants in either the New York or Miami trip.
We are partnering up with YWAM (Youth with a Mission), which is a missions organization that primarily engages in evangelism. The YWAM staff will take us to the streets of Bronx to pray with people. It is a great experience of learning how to break out of your comfort zone to talk about your faith. There will also be an opportunity for us to serve and volunteer at other Christian organizations through physical labor.
Dates: July 11 – 16
Location: 70 New York Ave, Smithtown, NY 11787 (4-5 hour commute)
Available spots: 11-12
Miami (8th Graders only)
His House Children's Home (HHCH) is a faith-based orphanage that houses approximately 200 children ranging from infants to 18 years old. Many of these children are abused physically, sexually, and neglected abused or abandoned by their parents. We will be primarily working with infants ages 0-7 by serving them through various activities and assisting HHCH volunteers. There will be a lot of physical labor and the hours of rest are few.
Dates: July 25 – August 2
Location: 20000 NW 47th Ave Hector Building No. 2 Miami Gardens, FL 33055 (15-16 hour commute)
Available spots: 8-9
Feel free to send any question or comment to email@example.com